Saturday, July 15, 2017

Family, dinner and a new coffee pot

So excited to try out my new perk-o-lator  - aka, coffee pot .  I was telling someone at work about it who was under 30 years old and they just didn't understand, couldn't picture what it was.  Well, here it is. Ahhhhhhh!


It was overcast today so, I took time out to see family. This is my newest grandson. LOVE!



They live the closest about a half hour away. After I saw them I went to pick up my mom for the weekend. She is an hour away.  So the afternoon was spent mostly in the car. We love our life out in the country but it does put a bit of distance between here and wherever I need to go. 

 I put dinner in the crockpot before I left.  I love these kinds of meals ... most of it from the homestead. 

Goat sausage from the neighbor.  OMG! It was amazing!
Onions, garlic, collards from the garden. 


I browned the sausage.


Chop the veggies. 


OH,yeah, carrots from the garden too. 


Mix everything plus a can of white beans, oregano, basil, pepper, salt and red pepper flakes in the crock. Add four cups of water. 


Let it do it's thing and enjoy. 


Time for a movie from the library. 

peace


No comments:

Post a Comment