Saturday, July 22, 2017

Craft day , Cabbage recipe #4 and a couple of crafty challenges

It is craft day. I knew I would be busy most of the day so I had to get the bread ready for today's recipe - Dude's favorite - Kraut burgers. I had never heard of kraut burgers until I moved to Colorado.  I knew I couldn't fill his mom's shoes but I was going to make him kraut burgers today.  Cheat #1 - frozen dough for rolls.  I got them out to thaw and rise. Covered them with a towel and hit the road. 


I ended up at my friend Susan's home.  Today's challenge for me to take home was a plan box.  Decorate it. 


Here is hers - steampunk style.  Fun!




Hmmmm I will work on mine this week, between collecting eggs and planting fall lettuce. 

Next we were on to our glass class. I get a wee bit overly excited during this class and scared all at the same time.  Breathe ... just breathe and create. I knew I needed necklaces for Christmas and Dude wanted a small bowl.  This is what I began with. 


Our supplies to create are surrounding us. The ladies who teach the class are AMAZING!



Here are some of their ideas to inspire us ....or purchase.  smile



I got sidetrack and began make a plaque of aspen trees.  I will make four with the seasons in the next coming months.  This is the the first - summer.  These will look polished and finished after they come out of the kiln. 


I started a bowl. 


Twelve necklaces. They will have a clasp and necklace to go with it. 


The green one is my bowl. The blue and white one is what it will resemble when fired. 


My girlfriends are getting crafty. 


Here some of the other creations today. 


The long white ones are ornaments for the garden and the round one a shallow bowl.


Susan trying another wave.  Everything turned out so beautiful and I can't wait to pick them up at the end of the week. Time flew by and it was time to head home. 


The bread rose high for our kraut burgers and were ready to go when I got home. 


Cabbage and onions chopped. Yep, it's still the same one cabbage from the garden I have been using all week. We have many more. 


Ground beef , cabbages and onions saute until done . 



Add 1 tsp. garlic powder , salt, pepper, and 1 tsp. sugar. Heat through. 


Roll out one doughball to about 4 inches. 


Add 1/4  of a cup of mix to the center of the dough. 


Seal up and put on the cookie sheet. Oven is heated to 425* . Bake 10 minutes and reduce to 350* and bake another 10-15 min. 


In the meantime corn is boiling in the pot and salad is made. 



Done!  They were Dude approved. 


Challenge 2 , my friend and I are making a new quilt, this is block number one. Tonight I will be getting it ready, tracing pieces and eyeballing fabric. 


Tomorrow we celebrate my youngest's 30th birthday.  Can't wait! Celebrate life! 

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment