Monday, July 24, 2017

Monday update ! Milk machine dies and what does my Dad tell me by the 3rd day...

We celebrated a July birthday on our Sunday Funday.  I love getting together with my family. We love to laugh! 




So, the last three nights my Dad has visited me in my dreams. He died in 1989 but he loved the idea of living off the land.  Each night I asked him the same question, " Dad, what should I do? I need to know what I should be doing?" His answer the first night? "Clean off your dining room table." hahahaha. So I cleaned it off. 


The next night I asked the same thing and he said, "have you seen the dust in your bedroom?"  Well, Dad, I try not to.... He told me to go dust my room. 

Last night when I asked,  his answer was ...."finish what you started." 
So, here I am and I have a lot of stuff to finish. 

Monday. Whoa, I had a lot of catching up to do. 
First off the milk pump died on Dude and he had to milk by hand.  He had critics watching him. 




Beets need to be pulled but they will need to wait until tomorrow. 


Collards were picked. 



Peppers are ready too. 


Onions, man, I don't want to talk about the onions. 


Okay, well, they were picked. 



Collards were washed ...


and dried. They will be parboiled and frozen. 


Then a quick check on everyone before heading to work. 





peace


No comments:

Post a Comment