Monday, July 10, 2017

Making laundry soap and unloading firewood

I am all out of laundry soap, so it's time to make more.  For two of us this recipe keeps us in laundry soap for a year but we always end up giving some to family and friends.  It is super inexpensive and is easy on the skin.  This is about the third time I have made it and I love it.  I add lavender essential oils to mine. 
There are only three ingedients.   I LOVE this stuff and this coming from a hard-core Tide user.  The house smelled wonderful as I made it.  My friend, Sunny, another farmgirl, taught me how to make it and here is her recipe.


I started grating the soap with a cheese grater. 




The grated soap is melting on the stove with the water. 


Then added with the water, borax , and washing soda.  I added lavender oil.


Now we wait.  Tomorrow I will "bottle" it up for use. The house smelled so clean and wonderful. 

The combine team came today to bring in the wheat.  I had heard the crop this year wasn't that great and some of the farmers are selling it for cattle feed. 



Remember the wood we got yesterday?  Dude unloaded it this morning. 





It's how you get the job done when there is no help. 


I had to head to work but I heard the trusses were put on the Chicken Saloon.  Can't wait to see in the morning. 

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment