Sunday, July 16, 2017

Moving day for birds, teaching our granddaughter, help on the house.

Today is moving day. These fellows are coming off the new addition so it can get done. Guineas and Turkeys are moving to the bird yard. 



A sweet greeting of a kiss... despite the fact the turkeys were rude to the geese when they were younger. 




The guineas wouldn't come out all day.  The goats were the welcoming committee. They crawled under the gate to see what was going on . 



Our granddaughter came for a visit. I was so happy. 


She helped me blend herbs for the chicken coop.  We mix mint, lavender and lemon grass together in a big pot. We use it in the coop as an insecticide. 





Next I went out to clean the coop.  NASTY! Okay, it wasn't that bad, just dry and dusty. 


This girl caused a ruckus the whole time I was cleaning. 


New bedding and herbs.  Oh, it smelled wonderful, okay, not wonderful but clean. 


This broody hen stayed put the whole time I cleaned. 


Allie rode the horse while I was in the greenhouse. 

My mom stayed the weekend.  It was great to see Allie listening to Grandma tell her stories later in the day. 


Time to make pineapple upside down cakes. It was a lot of fun. 




Then I taught her how to flip them easily. 



The second batch were made with crushed pineapple. Tastes even better. 


Then the Irish music was on and we all got up and danced!


Laughter and moving! So fun, even Grandma joined in. 


Dude and son were out in the hot sun putting the fascia on the house. 


I went out and cleaned out a box to plant new plants. 


Came in and the pork was ready. Pork loin with ground pepper, garlic and wrapped in bacon. Roast at 400* for 45 minutes.  Or you can buy it at COSTCO all made ....smile 


Allie took the leftover batter and made a cake for Papa. 


Mom sewed. 


Guys are still working.



Cake looks marvelous.


And dinner is ready. Pork roast, green beans, apple salad, egg salad and homemade pickles. 


After dinner I took mom back  home to the city and then it was back out to the greenhouse when I got home. 


Just before dusk the guineas came out to stretch their wings for the first time. 


The geese came over to show me some love. 


Then Dude came over and told me if I go do the dishes he will plant the stuff in the greenhouse. SCORE!





Oh and take a cabbage with you. 



Time for dishes and a time of silence. Because despite the fact we cover Mother Earth in our cities with roads and concrete, we need to connect with her.  We need to take time to listen to her. Summer in the country is a great place to listen to her and reconnect. 

peace



No comments:

Post a Comment