Thursday, December 8, 2016

Winter is here

Over the weekend we got the mulch and leaves all around the trees and plants.  We cleaned the coop. Drained and rolled the hoses up.  Still to do this weekend will be to put in the warming lights in the chicken coop and add a new layer of straw to barn for the goats and horse plus get the Christmas boxes out of the container.  Oh, and with the stove going so much I think we will be cleaning it out and get it ready for a new week.

 I shall probably spend some time with you, perhaps the whole winter, and then you can help me to continue my trip, wherever it is I shall go next. I want to see you more than just briefly in passing; I hope to spend quite a long time with you, if the Lord allows. - 1 Corinthians 16:6-7

Sometimes the weather and life tells you it's time to slow down and yesterday was one of those days. I made it home the night before as it snowed.  It was good to get into the house.   Snow was coming down and the wind howled.  It got pretty cold last night with negative degrees. Dude had the fire going pretty good and I stayed in bed yesterday with quilts pulled up close around my head.

I got up late in the morning and saw this adorable baby hawk on the back porch.

Peppy wanted to stay warm in the barn .



The horse didn't mind the freezing weather. 


I bought this ornament from a friend and decided I wanted to make a few. 
They are fun, quick and easy. 


 It is just a Styrofoam ball, paper, a small circle punch and pearl head pins. Take the paper and punch, punch, punch.  If you have a child that wants to help they would be great for this part.


Then I started at one and began to pin my paper on. It was addictive and fun. 


I did this while on a long hold this morning on the phone. 


On one end pin and use a little hot glue for a ribbon to hang it with. 




That's about it for today. I have to work early. 
Take care of each other. 
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment