Tuesday, December 6, 2016

St Nicholas gift homestead style

Just a quick post this morning. Snow is due this afternoon so I had a lot of prepping to do today. Plus, it is Feast of St Nicholas! I wanted to give my day job team a little Homestead gift.  I painted little flower pots. 




My aloe vera plants went crazy with little shoots. I mean crazy!! These came from only one of three plants I have.  I potted them up and they will travel with me to the foothills.  Hope they like them. 


It was cold and windy last night. We thought we had gotten all the animals in and locked up. Coyotes have been out a lot lately.  They are  a bit early for mating season which begins January and last through March but after losing hens lately we don't want to risk having them out at night. But at 430am we could hear the rooster crowing ...loudly!  I thought he just wanted out of the coop. I got up and looked out the window. Somehow we missed locking him up last night and he was crowing to get into the coop...ugh. 

May you have a Terrific Tuesday.  I may not be on tomorrow if I have to stay in the city due to snow. Take care of each other. 
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment