Thursday, December 15, 2016

The dehydrator has been going nonstop plus making peanut brittle with farmsister

 Looks like we have begun a tradition of making peanut brittle with the farmsisters.  This is the second year in a row we have gotten together to make peanut  brittle for the holidays. 



Making the candy with the sugar and corn syrup.


Letting it cool. 





It turned out beautiful. 


One of the farmsisters call it candy crack because her husband can't stop eating. Dude came home and asked where it was because he thought of it all day! Then he promptly took a whole bag and put in his truck! 



Yesterday I got a work-from-home day which meant I was able to settle in with Dude last night with a movie from the library.  We watched Capt Phillips. I started crocheting at the beginning of the movie and the more intense it got the faster I crochet.  I made four hats and have a bruise on my thumb! 



Refrigerator clean out!  I went through the refrigerator and got anything slightly old and dried them. 
First up a tray of yellow peppers. 


Some pickled beets. 


Homemade dill pickles.  Ohmy, what intense flavor!  You grind these up and use the powder in things such as potato salad, ham salad, deviled eggs....yum!


Then made a bean salad with leftover beans (garbanzo and pinto).onion, a tomato, salt, pepper, parsley, leftover half of a lemon , a little olive oil and cider vinegar. Jarred it all up for lunches.  



Next up was the dehydrator challenge. I made raw "cheese" crackers and my friend made dehydrated mango... good stuff.  I got the idea from a recipe on food.com. (raw cheez its)
Mine started with soaking a cup raw almonds, a half cup sunflower seeds and a cup cashews. I did this the night before. 


The next morning.  Take this plus a tomato, a red pepper, pinch of salt, half teaspoon of cumin, 1/4 cup flax and whirl up in a food processor. 


Spread on a sheet (I put on was paper) and put in the dehydrator for 24 hrs . 
Break into crackers. They actually taste pretty good. 


Lots still to do before Christmas. We don't put the tree up until this weekend. This is Advent Season for us. Christmas Season begins on Christmas.
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment