Friday, December 9, 2016

Canned goods from the homestead and dehydrator challenge

Nothing like starting out the day with a bang... literally. I logged onto the computer and let in a cat that I didn't realize was locked out last night.  She jumped up on the desk for some love and promptly threw up all over the desk and across the floor....ohjoy.

Last night I got home later from work than I expected and was so tired I didn't make the ribs. This morning I cooked them up for Dude's dinner. I thought I had gotten out short ribs but they were spare ribs. I made a quick sauce of ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar.  Browned the ribs and some onion in the Dutch oven and poured the sauce over it. Cooked on low for about an hour.  Ohsogood and messy.



Today was the Feast of St Juan Diego.  I put some tamales in the crock-pot at work and brought in a jar of homemade salsa and wala! we have a feast.  They didn't know what I was celebrating but just that we were sharing a good fun meal.





I brought into work a gallon container of dried apples I made, just apples and cinnamon and people loved them. They were all gone within 2 hours.  A friend of mine and I have challenged each other to dehydrate something edible and not just a dehydrated item such as onions.    Bahaha... here are the two I came up with marshmallows (I found that one on a homesteading group) and next, pickles!


Pretty cool all the things produced from the homestead that you can share with others.... pork, tamales, salsa , dehydrated stuff... oh the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment