Sunday, December 4, 2016

A day of rest - football, baking, knitting and a wee bit of sewing.

Today we kept it as a day of rest.   Dude took naps and watched the football game and I went to a craft show and then came home and crafted .... you know you would have too ... smile. 

I love quick cookies... these are peanut butter kisses.   Just warm the oven 350*.  Mix 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar,  and  1 egg.  Roll into a 2 inch ball, place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Smash with a fork. Bake for 8-10 minutes. As soon as you take them out of the oven press a chocolate kiss on top. 


Another quick recipe, meatballs.  A pound of ground beef, a package of lipton dry onion soup mix, an egg, and 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs. Mix and roll into balls. I found if you put them on a small cookie sheet and pop them in the freeze for 10 minutes they don't fall apart when you fry them. 
Put vegetable oil  in a frying pan, enough to coat the bottom. Fry your meatballs turning so all sides get  crisp.  We were going to have Swedish meatballs but Dude saw these and asked for spaghetti and sauce with them. 




Next up were orange crinkle cookies . Another quick and easy one.  You use a box of Orange Cake mix, an egg and 1/3  vegetable oil.  I found it  HERE, The only thing I added was roll them in powder sugar before baking. These turned out so good and flavorful. 


Knitted two new baby caps for the new grandson. 


My sister left some scraps from her quilts, so I made a quick mug rug.  I like it. 


Time to log off . I want to learn to crochet a new chunky  hat. Let's see how it turns out. 
peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment