Monday, December 19, 2016

Vacation begins... Chat with Mr Buttons, cards, books on tape.

Here it is my first real day of vacation. I am trying to get a lot of "official" stuff done so I can relax and play toward the end of the week.   I got my drivers licensed renewed, picked up straw for the animals to stay warm, went to see my new grandson and picked up a few groceries. 

Dude wasn't feeling well today but you know him... can't keep a good man down and he cleaned the stalls and laid down new straw. 

Mr Buttons is still here with us until Friday when they come to pick him up. The new owners called to ask us to measure his chest.  It was bitter cold out but we needed to go out and talk to Mr Buttons anyway.  He was glad to have company since the chickens refused to come out of their warm coop to play and all the goats do is complain of the cold. 




I finished my Christmas cards and listening to The Red Pony. True to Steinbeck... the ending just drops off. I hate that. Good story but giving me an ending man! 


Made the rest of the Christmas cards and popped them in the mail box in town. I didn't want the post woman to have to try and fiddle with all the cards I was mailing. 


Hey, have you seen or made one of these chicken pin cushions?  A lot of people make them or sell them. I have found a great use to them due to their shape. 


They hold my cell phone while I facetime with  my grandson. 


Pretty cool, huh? 


Drying oranges to string up . They smell divine. 


Started listening to Treasure Island while I knit hats and hand sew.  I am loving it. I grew up on the coast full of pirate stories.  My Dad used to read Treasure Island to us. I am not sure  I love the story because it  brings memories of my dad and life on the coast or if it is just that good of a story, but this now woman of the plains is breathing in each word. 


I got more movies from the library today. Time to get back to my embroidering and sit a spell with Dude. 


Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment