Saturday, December 3, 2016

Church, Barn-warming party, Wood splitting and Chili night.

We started the day a wee bit late since I was up canning last night. But when I did finally get up I made us a big breakfast of breakfast quesadilla with eggs, cheese, jalapenos, bacon, onions and Dude's had potatoes. It was a great way to start the day. 


I was quickly out the door for morning Adoration. I was the only person there during my hour. I am sure many were shopping or better yet, helping others cook the Chili Dinner for tonight at the Fairgrounds.


After prayers I headed to the library to return books and yes, pick up more!
The over to our Farm Sister - Sunny's barn warming party. 
Isn't it gorgeous! 




That is not a weather vane on her milking shed but a real peacock. 


The party was fun and great to celebrate with so many friends. 




Then it was time for a picture so we all headed out to the barn. The geese followed loudly proclaiming they had never seen such a large herd of humans before!


Let's go people!



Smile everyone!


Everyone had to leave to do their own farm chores including us.  Our hens were taking in the warm weather when we got home ...well , warm for this time of year.. in the 40's*.


We had to get wood split while the sun was still out. It was beginning to get chilly. You could see our breath coming out of our mouths and hitting the cold air.  I went out to help. I pulled the lever while Dude loaded the wood. 





For 30 minutes we sure did get alot done. We split cedar and cottonwood. 



I had to stop so I could get to mass.  On the way there you could see the town was getting ready for the evening Christmas parade. It is so beautiful when it is all lit up. 


The night ended at the town's chili dinner. It was fun to relax and laugh with neighbors and church friends. 


The day was wonderful and very fun or as Dude says, it was like a Hallmark movie. 
Hope you have your Hallmark moment this weekend. 
peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment