Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Horse trailer, more crafts and fabric!

Today was suppose to be nice and simple . Get the Christmas shopping finished...okay, started and finished (I hate shopping) and take our doe to be tested.  Christmas shopping was a breeze.  I knew exactly what to get and what stores to hit.  I save all year from January until the first week of December, so money was not a stress.  (I do the 52 week money challenge and saved over $1,000... otherwise I would freak a beak ...so to speak)  Anywhoo, that is out of my hair. 

Next up we were to take our doe goat,  Peppermint, to the vet to get her tested for CAE Caprine Arthritis and Encephalitis and CL.  CL or Caseous Lymphoma  is our biggest concern as one of our prior goats had this. Poor Norman, we only had him a month or so when I found it.  Took him immediately to the vet.  Once the disease is in your soil it is there for good and no good to raise goats or other animals such as sheep, goats, etc.  We had him put down right away and disinfected the area for good measure.  Poor guy. Tested all the others and they were good.  This is a goat born in March. We would like to mate her but need to make sure all is good before taking her to another farm to mate. 

Peppermint is bigger than we thought... uh, we tried putting her into the truck but she was a bit fiesty... not bad just the attitude of "if Angelo's (our boer goat) not going too then I'm not going".  So, I called a friend to borrow her horse trailer.  She said she was out shopping but sure, no problem go ahead an use it.  So we get over there.... 
Dude see two trailers and yells, which one are we suppose to hook up. Oh, crap...I am thinking... did she say the red one or the white one? I couldn't remember so, I just say ... uh... the white one!  and Dude complete hooks it up when he looks inside and says, " this thing is full of stuff" (okay, he used another word).  I immediately call my friend and she tells me the red trailer!  I was laughing so hard when I called out to Dude to tell him he has the wrong trailer hooked up.  All crap broke loose.  He was so embarrassed he called the vet to ask how much for a house call.  Long story short they are coming out tomorrow to draw blood and give our goats their shots.  I am still laughing.   

He then went online to find his own horse trailer.  He found a good sturdy one with good tires.  It was only a few hundred bucks but it will do for us. 


A little rust but with our crafty know-how we can get it looking like new. 


Has a place for the saddles too. 


Next up... my stop and one of my favorite shops... the quilt shop in Brighton. 





I did not leave without a few scrumptious fabrics! Yum!


Came home, put away all the bags of goodies from shopping and set to work on a craft. I need 12 mini gifts for my team.  Twelve!  It is starts here with mini coffee cups.  I got the idea HERE. These cups are only about 2.5 inches high. I decorated with all kinds of paper from magazines and stock card.  They will later be filled with treats and other goodies. 

They are tiny. 



Made cardboard templates. 


Covered with all kinds of paper. 





This one is from a coastal magazine with a fish tail. 


Anyway, they are quick and fun. 

Another quick craft is decoupaging fabric on glass with Mod Podge and adding a little glitter. 
Just fussy cut from some cute fabric and decoupage on the glass. I put a little on the glass then the put the picture on and decoupage again over it.  Dot the glass with a bit of the Mod Podge and sprinkle with glitter.  Let dry. 
We used to do the same thing as kids but with Elmer's glue and the Sunday comics. 


Time to make some stir-fry for dinner. Then movies from the library with Dude and embroider for the night. 





No comments:

Post a Comment