Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Canning tamales, a bit of mulching and Christmas cards.

Got out of the house early to meet with farmgirls to can tamales. It is so good to be with our "tribe", those who understand what you love and want to learn more and more about. Today it was canning tamales. 

Masa on the corn husks.


Add the pork. 


Roll and jar them up.



Ready for the canner.


I came home after lunch and fun morning of being with the sisterhood to work in the garden. I did bring in some more spaghetti squash for another week or two. I have it coming out of my ears!


I worked the compost. I have two of them...well, really three. One in the barrel, one with chicken manure and scraps, and one finishing curing. 


Mr Buttons came over to be with me for a bit. 


I put compost and leaves around most of the plants and trees today. Even though it was 40* it felt very warm and it was nice to be out with out any harsh wind. 



Went to the front yard and Mr Buttons met me there too. 




This made me laugh. The high winds yesterday caused tumbleweeds to get trapped in the front corner fence. 


It was nice to be outside in the sunshine but I needed to get going on Christmas cards. Here are some I have made. I have a Cricut which is a die cut machine that I love and helps me cut multiple images at one time to hurry the process along.  



I started cutting out some dear from some beautiful silver card stock. 


They are so delicate and intricate I had to be careful removing them from the mat. 


But I had to stop there to go see our new grandson and deliver those curtains I hemmed up last night. 
I would do anything for my grandkids... just like most grandparents.


Tomorrow it's back to work. I won't be able to blog again until the weekend. 
Take care of each other. 
peace


No comments:

Post a Comment