Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Evening in the garden and getting ready for cookies


The wind whipped around our house all night and howled like a banshee. It is so dry.  The wind continued all morning causing the dirt to fly and whirl.  When I drove to work later in the day a car passed me with dust flying off the top like it had  a dusting of snow but this was dirt.  But snow was definitely not on the radar today.  We hit a record high of 80*. We should be in the low 50*. The hens are changing their habits and snow is approaching, due in at rush hour tomorrow. It doesn't sound like it will impact us on the eastern plains too much but you never know. Time to be prepared.  My vehicle will be packed with extra clothes, blankets and water.

I continue preparing for Thanksgiving. I bought fabric to make a quick table cloth - three yards of fabric and quick hem around it. Cleaning is high on the list the next few days. Trying to stay in a state of zen and not hurried or stressed out. So, I headed out to the greenhouse once I got home tonight.  It is warm and quiet. The only sound are the coyotes howling nearby.

 I love working in the greenhouse at night. 










Heading back to the house the moon looks beautiful behind the clouds.



Holiday Season


It's baking season and cookies in particular.  My mom always had some type of cookie ready for any guest that may pop in for a holiday hello. One of the things I remember was a tiered dish she had and displayed treats for just such occasions. I went to the thrift store and looked for stuff to make my own. Here is what I came home with for $6.50, a few plates, a candle holder and a small glass.






Glue it all together.  Later it looks great with all kinds of holiday cookies. (Dude says I need to start baking! -smile- yep, someone is feeling better. )


Time to read
peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment