Sunday, November 13, 2016

Getting things done with a lot of help Sunday!

Family came over to try and relax a bit from the hustle of life and help us. Dudes lungs and ribs are still very sore.  We were so grateful for the help to cut and stack wood.

 We recycle grocery bags, cut them up and crochet them into rugs.  I got this idea when I was a kid from my great grandmother. We drove to Michigan from North Carolina to visit one year. I was mesmerized by her life. She was a beautiful gray hair woman who lived in a large farmhouse and  that used every part of most things.  She made rugs from Wonder Bread bags... big, round and wonderful rugs.  So, I keep the tradition every other year and make them for the back door for snow days and under the dog's dish. My granddaughter was making "the yarn" for me today. 






While I was jarring up dried parsley another granddaughter cut lavender and got it ready for the dehydrator. 



We will use it for our chickens, sachets, dream pillows, tea, jelly and breads.



Another granddaughter was told we would be making her birthday lunch and she insisted on making her own cake! 




So very grateful for Dude's son who came to cut wood!





Yep there was time for crafting, target practice, goat gazing and riding horses.








Winter is still not showing up here. It was warm, just very windy. Hope your weekend was wonderful. 
peace


No comments:

Post a Comment