Sunday, November 27, 2016

First Day of Advent and other new things.

Started the day early with mass at 7:30am.  I love Advent and the preparing for Christmas. The weather changed from yesterday's 60's to cold and drizzling rain. 


The first Advent candle was lit today.  (Did you know that only two writers of the Gospels address the birth of Christ? Matthew and Luke)


On the way home I notice some cattle running after something.  Can you see it in the center? A fox. He was chasing a hawk that was chasing it's next meal. I think the fox was hoping for a freebie.



After mass we headed to town to return the nonworking log splitter that turned Dude into a cussing machine. The feed store had a new one ready for us.  Before we loaded it up we made sure it was in FULL working order. 
The goats were very curious. 




Dude set to unloading it.  I was going to help when I got a text my daughter-in-law was in labor. She was at a hospital in the foothills over an hour away. I left Dude to his new machine and headed west. 

No pictures yet of the new little guy (yes a baby boy) or a name.  He arrived just as I got to the hospital. Of course, he is adorable, huggable and loveable!   The Brothers suggested a few names ... LOL, Ajax, and Noname.  What are your suggestions - smile. 

Kindness of the Day
I stopped to get a hotdog and drink since I hadn't eaten since this morning. I went to pay and realized I had no cash with me. I was embarrassed and said I couldn't get it and apologized. The cashier told me to take the Coke... it was only a Coke after all. Then the manager came over and said, "it's the season of Thanksgiving... here's your hotdog on us." I was so grateful and tired, I cried. Their kindness was what I needed today. 

I got home around dinner time. Dude couldn't wait to try out his new log splitter. Needless to say we are warm and toasty on this chilly night. 


The coyotes sound very close tonight. We made sure all the animals were locked up tight tonight. This morning we watched as a hawk tried to snatch up one of our hens! The horse thwarted its endeavors. 

Letting the dog out for a run , Gracie the cat came in and very proud of her catch. Ohjoy. Yes, good job Gracie but I don't need the gift right now. 



I still have a little bit of time left in the day to get a crochet project done and lay out our new grandson's curtains to hem and hope to deliver tomorrow. 
peace. 




No comments:

Post a Comment