Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Breakfast and a quick craft

Thanksgiving is coming up fast and I am quickly getting behind. The turkey we raised is thawing but Dude continues to be in pain and it slows down the process. Every day he gets a little better and I know he will be 100% sooner than we know.  
I recently got a clean bill of health from the doc. I was a mess there for a few years.  
So, what did I do different? Surrounded myself with upbeat and positive people (hey, it is important  - smile)  then I started seriously walking every day. My goal was to hit 10,000 steps a day and then be able to walk from the town next to us to our town... 11 miles. I read the book One Second After by William R. Forstchen a few years back. It is a book about the USA losing a war by EMP and paralyzing the nation.  The one thing that struck with me was in the beginning of the story  vehicles broke down and people were so out of shape they couldn't walk to the exits. That thought stuck with me - how far could I walk, as out of shape as I was? 
Our church was preparing for an eleven mile Mercy walk in October and I signed up for it and practiced. I think I was the oldest person walking but I did it and made it.  
The other thing I did was go vegetarian Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I was a vegetarian when I met Dude. Raising our own meat, I now know what goes into them and how they are taken care of ...with love and extreme care. 

Next goal is to keep going and lose the weight.  I have faith I can do this. 

Recipe

Our morning was packed full with things that needed to get done. Breakfast needed to be quick and easy. So, here it is:

6 eggs
1/2 to a cup of cheese
a small can of green chilies



 Spray an oven proof pan.  Add your green chilies. 


Then add your scrambled eggs. 


And cheese.


Bake at 350* for 25 minutes.



You can add salsa, sour cream or whatever you like. I went simple today with jalapenos. 



Craft 
It was a full day at home , then off to library, stopping to see folks and then off to work.  I did  manage to work on a banner for Thanksgiving.  It wouldn't have taken me as long as it did except I kept gluing the letters on backwards... I really need to slow down! 





Tomorrow making the stuffing and green bean casserole.  Cleaning and whatever  mischief I can get into before heading to work.  Got all the running around done today so I can focus on the house tomorrow before the holiday. (oh, and I must get back to sewing!)

peace


No comments:

Post a Comment