Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Getting ready for Thanksgiving

Since I work today I needed to get up early to get ready for Thanksgiving. Cleaning , cooking and stripping beds so that tomorrow all that will need to be done is cooking the turkey. 

We got out to feed the animals first. Yes, that is a layer of frost but the weather is suppose to be nice at 53*


Some was delighted to roll in the dirt today.



Corn bread stuffing (I will try to put the recipe on later) and the ever famous green bean casserole were prepared and popped in the frig. 


Thanksgiving very much embodies the homestead.  We serve a turkey we raise along with can goods we have been stocking all year. (yes, a bit dusty but I am running around like a hen with it's head removed) The stuffing is made with a local pig we traded for a goat


I found this old child's cookbook I had growing up from the Carnation Milk Company. It reminded me of tomato soup we had as a kid and thought that would be simple and light for dinner tonight. 


Next I am off to the library.  Homesteading causes us to be frugal and my movies are in at the library for the holiday. 
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment