Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Rest, crafts, sewing and wind

I took three days off work to do Homesteady stuff.  The skinny weather girl on the morning news in a sleeveless dress said the week will have "down right frigid weather" ....okay below zero is frigid but not 40*.  Skinny weather chick put on some clothes!

Okay we started the week with religion class.  Good enough.  Came home and started a big fire in the wood stove because  we are suppose to have  "down right frigid weather" .  I managed to get some letters mail and a few boxes and then bam!  I went down for a big fat hairy nap!  The warm house and the urgency to do nothing for once in my life over came me. I must have needed it.  So much for starting out the mini vacation with a bang! The rest of the day was folding laundry and watching movies. Total bust but sometimes you need a day where you totally relax!

Day 2  is windy and chilly, again around 40*. The wind is blowing so hard.  It is the swirly howling kind. It was blowing so hard it blew my earrings out of my ears!  It was a more productive day. Got up, showered and headed to Denver to spend the morning with my grandson.  A smart whipper-snapper at three and a very fun morning.  
Came home later to clean and put on some music to keep moving. The farmgirls are meeting tomorrow to make canned tamales.  I put a pork shoulder in the crock-pot with taco seasonings. Plus I had leftover masa made from the last time we made them that I needed to get out of the freezer.   I found corn husks in the pantry. Just need to get the jars prepped in the morning before heading over there in the morning. 





Then brought in a load of wood and set a fire to warm up the joint. Music was still keeping me moving. On to the next project!



I had to get curtains  hemmed up for our newest grandson's room. Okay, whenever anyone asks me to hem curtains I quickly say, "I don't do that."  But this is for my new grandson, so for someone I had not yet met... I said yes.  And by some miracle they got done and quickly... with some help (she is very proud that she helps me sewing. She approves of the dinosaur theme.). 



 
Then I needed to get caught up on crafting.  I had been on Pinterest over the weekend or as I say... I was trapped and couldn't get out.  
I was motivated and looked around the house for things I had and what I could transform. Here is what I found....  ... some pots, paints, stickers, bling, spice jars....






I have so many baby aloe plants I want to give them as gifts. They are wonderful plants and we use them a lot. 


Someone at work ask if I wanted the leftovers on this paper. I figure, sure, I could do something with them! I used the inner circles as dots. 



Spice jars.  I think these need more and could be used as ornaments. I saw some pretty ones on pinterest. I wish I had a link to them to give them credit but I was just scrolling through fast for ideas.  Theirs were much prettier. I remember lace and ribbon on them too. 


That's it for now. Time to sit with Dude and crochet or read. 
Tomorrow is my last day off and hope to make the most of it. 
peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment