Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Beet canning day

My goal this weekend was to learn the small tractor as I want to take it over as mine. Instead I learned to push it out of the way. The battery  was dead. Well, it is three years old. I did learn to check the oil as well. I hope to buy a new battery for it on pay day. (it wasn't figured into the budget and can dig into the savings)

The farmgirls met today.  Beets were coming in from the garden and canning was on the agenda!


Ohmy, I got so excited when we began to mix all the spices, salt and sugar.



Add the vinegar and the water and watch the magic happen. 


Ruby gems of beets.


I like to add onions. 


More beets and add the vinegar mixture. 


After the water bath... perfection.


Neighbors stopped by to visit...okay, really they came a courting. 


Sunny showed us her weavings. 


She spins her own alpaca wool, yes, from her own alpacas.



A finish product drying. Can you believe all her work? Amazing!


I need more fun days like today. 
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment