Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sunday - garden, dehydrating, cards, fence repairs.

We did go out last night and had a stakeout.  We probably looked hilarious. Two mid-aged farts in the dark protecting our animals - me with the flashlight and Dude with a rifle (just in case).  We did catch the eyes of a fox soon on.  We were out there for an hour, the goats standing behind us giving their commentary and me telling them to hush.  Every time I got the fox's eyes he would slowly duck down and then back up. After a while he gave up or we couldn't see him any more. Not sure if it is the fox or the coyotes we hear nightly that got our chickens but we will do what we can to protect our animals and keep them locked up safe at night.

We need rain.  I watered again today.  I had put away the hoses (it was snowing this time last year) and had to get them back out.

The basil made a comeback after the frost. 


Time to dry parsley today. 





We will dry lavender tonight and hopefully it will dry and help us sleep. 
Picked carrots, collards and the very last of the tomatoes for this week. 



We finally let the hens roam today and they went straight for the goat pen. 


Heading out to do fence repairs and had some help from Peppermint our milk goat. 






Came in and made a boatload of potato chip cookies. 



Next was cleaning the coop. I like to add a mixture of mint, lavender and roses to the coop. Smells great, is an insecticide and calms hens. 




I use straw in the laying boxes.


And pine chips in the coop. 


Sprinkle with the herb mixture. ahhhh


Then I did have time to make some cards from a kit.  



Hoping to cut out a dress tonight. I am so glad we had an extra hour today with Daylight Savings Time. 

peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment