Sunday, October 2, 2016

Sunday Funday, Family Fun and Pinto Beans!

Our weekend began yesterday with making breakfast burritos of egg(from our hens), cheese and potatoes for a Sunday family get together.  I made about twenty of them and by the time I got home from Saturday evening mass, five of them were gone. Mr Man was hungry.   We cleaned the house and got ready for family to come over on Sunday. 

Sunday came and we put tamales we had canned earlier in the year in the crock-pot to warm. 


The burritos were put in the bread warmer. 


Cheesy green chili pinto beans (from a local farmer)was put on the stove to warm. I forgot to get a picture of them but they were sure good.  It did my heart good to see all the food enjoyed by everyone. 

Everyone met the new horse Mr Buttons. 


We went to the pumpkin and squash patch and taught a young buck how to pick them without pulling up the whole plant. 




Everyone went home later with many zucchinis, spaghetti squash and pumpkins. 


Crafts were made.


Then it was time to sing happy birthday and have tons of laughs. 



After spending the day on the homestead everyone left, the day began to cool down and we thought we were settling in for the night. Dude's phone rang. It was one of the farmers he knows. Seems somehow during pinto bean harvest some were accidentally dumped. He said if we wanted to glean them we could have what we could get. We said sure, jumped in the truck, grabbed my crocheting and drove the 45 minutes to the farm. 


Pintos dry in the field before they are harvested.


This is what a harvested row looks like. 


I think it is all so beautiful. 


Someone had gotten to the beans before us but there was still plenty to glean. 


I was able to get 3 buckets of beans. I will clean them out throughout the week.  If you knew how much I love them you would know this is a treasure beyond belief! Plus I can share with others and I will can them too.


Combine harvesting beans


It was a very busy and fun Sunday. 

Hope yours was grand. 
peace, health and happiness 


No comments:

Post a Comment