Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Stressful weekend

It was a long and stressful weekend.

1)The furnace died... okay, we can handle it we have a wood-stove.

2)The vacuum died...again, not a big deal. We have wood and cork floors for a reason.  Use a broom.

3) Grand-kids came over - yay! Then had to go home due to an asthma attack - sadness.  Something you never want anyone to have happen to them.



4)Then the kicker - Dude fell hard and bruised his ribs, lungs and  dislocated his shoulder. He is in pain and it hurts to breathe.

I knew I was on my own with the homestead. At first I thought how the heck am I going to do this? Then I thought, I can and I will.  I couldn't sleep so I got up and... yep, you guessed it if you know me by now... I made a list.  I figured I wanted this life, I need to make it happen.  I needed to learn the feed schedule of all the animals and not just my hens and bees.  I needed to hook the hoses back up since it will be nice all week and water my strawberries, grapes and raspberries.  I don't want to lose them. Same with the trees.  We live in drought territory. I don't know how the homesteaders did it way back when and can't even fathom how they did it during the dust bowl.

It is always great to have like-minded friends and friends going through similar things.  I saw my friend Frankie in our little store in town, who gave me words of encouragement and love.  Thank you sister.  Also, to Adriana, a gem who took my shift without even asking on Monday, so I could focus. Wow. These things are priceless.

Dude came out with me and guided me while I hauled everything.  Yep, he wanted to help but I told him absolutely not.





Now need to balance the outside chores with the inside chores. Sunday I did laundry and changed beds until there was no more to do. I got all the laundry put away and bed made except one. It will get done.  Dinner will be zippy or in the crock-pot.

We had steak in the crock with onion soup mix, half a can of water and mushroom soup, with parsley potatoes and salad of cucumber, tomato, red onion, avocado, lime juice, salt and pepper and iceberg lettuce cut chunky style.





The next dinner will be spaghetti with Italian sausage and a salad. 

Saturday my stepson and brother-in-law will be here to help cut wood. Yay!

I am so thankful to God for the nice weather!

I did get the morning chores, worked in the greenhouse and made it to a crocheting group.  I am still learning alot. Here are some pictures from the group today. 

Marjorie is crocheting a tablecloth.  So pretty. 


Me? mine is a small pumpkin pie. I hope it turns out. 



 Motivation can really get a person moving... because then I had to go to my job in the city. 

Dude is resting and hopes to be moving more tomorrow. We are both determined. 

peace, health, and happiness


No comments:

Post a Comment