Thursday, October 13, 2016

Recipes, Crafting and Garden

Breakfast is the only meal of the day we are together (besides the weekend) so we make a big deal about it.  Today we made a cheesy egg bake.  Super simple, super fast. I usually make it , put it in the oven and head to the shower.
 In the kitchen
Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with cooking spray.  Toss in some green chilies. 


A cup of cheese next. 


Whisk a half dozen eggs or 8 if using a 9x9 pan.


Pour over the cheese and chilies.


Bake 350* for 25 minutes.


Serve with sour cream and tomatoes. Yum!


Garden

Pulled up most of the onions . 


Organizing

Finally got my addresses organized in a binder. They were just envelopes and pieces of paper thrown in a binder.  Now they are all written in alphabetical order. 


In the front I have labels and a list of birthdays by month. 



In the back I have pockets with this month's cards.
(Just as I finished I found another binder of addresses tossed in it. My inner slob has been showing. I integrated them into this binder.)


Daily Bread 

I do like to make bread by hand but I always need quick when I can and making bread in the bread machine is awesome. My son gave me this machine for Christmas...I have burned through two others. 
Yep, that's the recipe I use for basic white bread.




Sometimes, though, the machine will toss out something unrecognizable as this....Haha!


Craft/Sewing 

I have been cleaning the sewing room. I found a bunch of odd or miss matched quilt squares. I have been sewing them up and using them as coasters at home and work. 


We are lucky enough to be granted four more days in the 80's before the thermometer dives next week. Time to get outside for a wee bit more. 
peace, health, and happiness







No comments:

Post a Comment