Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Getting veggies in and making spinach salad

We did not get a hard freeze last night but we did get frost.  I am working furiously to get everything dried, canned or frozen for the winter.  Yesterday I watered everything...and as it goes I realized I forgot to water a couple of the trees. They get watered this morning.

Went out to the greenhouse and got spinach for dinner.  We are having the classic spinach salad with hard boiled eggs and bacon topped with a warm bacon dressing.



For the salad -4 cups  spinach, 1 hard boiled eggs, half sliced onion and 4 pieces of bacon. 


For the dressing - about a tablespoon of the bacon grease, 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, teaspoon of sweet hot stone ground mustard, a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper. Mix all up warming in the pan. 


Next up was parsley. I needed to get it in the dehydrator to dry. 




Last for today was the zucchini.  I need to shred it and get it in the freezer.

Tomorrow, I am excited to can Thai Dipping sauce using our garlic (you need about 36 cloves).

Hope everyone has a great day. 

peace, health and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment