Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sewing Sunday Day

After mass and walking the goats I went into the sewing room to finish some of the many projects I have started along the way. Our sewing group jokes about how many projects we start and never finish. This month I plan on working on as many as I can to complete them.  
The bonus to it all was I cleaned the room as I went. 
Placemats from scraps that I couldn't part with were first up.



I used the quilt-as-you-go method and they are reversible.



Then I found parts to place-mats I made last year for Day of the Dead. 


I found some pieces but others were missing others. 


I found the pattern I made from a costume pattern. This was sheer luck. I was folding fabric to make room to cut on the cutting table when I found it.  Thank goodness, I could make a couple more and finish another project. 




I like the way they turned out. 


I did make a lunch of ham and cheese...uh, skulls.. to match the sewing. We had a good laugh and a good lunch. (yes, I hide them from the grandkids...well, except one).





Later Dude came in with these woven bags and asked it I wanted them. Heck yeah!

I plan on making dog beds with them. 


My day was approved by the farm cats.



I still have alot of half completed WIP (works in progress).  I plan on chipping away at them all each day. 

peace, health and happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment