Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Prepping animals for winter, greenhouse and making a poncho.

Chores are getting done. Still getting ready for winter, it's never-ending. Once again we consider the warm weather a great blessing. Dude, on the other hand feels the seasons are changing. I don't know but I do notice the difference in the fur of our animals this year compared to last and they are all fuller. We need to get hay ready to keep them warm. Store alfalfa for food and grains. There will be snow on the ground and they won't be out grazing.  We are watering trees and plants as much as we can before the freeze. Checking for any repairs that might need done - fencing, roofs, and the plastic on the greenhouse needs to be battened down.  
This morning we went out to do our chores together as normal. It is one of the best times of the day. Everyone is happy.
Mr Buttons greeted us this morning. Yep, he had been rolling in the dirt. He was ready to eat!



I take care of the hens. The teenage  hens have been integrated into the flock.



Goats are all doing well. 



Someone just wanted a kiss. 



We did get a good laugh when the water got out of control after we cleaned the troughs.


Came back in the house popped in a load of laundry, vacuumed and made ham salad. 



Next up I began to tackle the tomatoes. It was time to start pulling them out.


I cleared a good section and salvaged as many tomatoes. I want to make more salsa. 


I had just enough time to make a poncho for work.  It is freezing at my desk.  Anyone else have this problem? I sit right under a vent. Even though it may be only 50-60* outside, the air conditioner still blasts above me. I hope when winter really sets in the heater will kick on and I will be complaining it is hot..I hope.  I digress.... I made this poncho, the one in the bottom right corner, out of warm fleece. It is a great time to buy fleece.  There are sales all over for it. It is was a fun pattern.  No sewing. Just cut and then glue ...yes, glue the collar in.  It stayed nice and kept me toasty at my desk today. 





Not sure what is on for tomorrow...more prepping for the winter.
peace, health, and happiness


No comments:

Post a Comment