Sunday, October 16, 2016

Canning and greenhouse update.

Wow! What a gorgeous day!   I know, I know enjoy it while I can it is going to be a harsh winter. Well, not sure if it will but I am, indeed enjoying the Sunday Funday of 80*.  A good example was last night Hunter Moon walk we took with the animals last night. Perfect sweater weather.  The only strange thing is we haven't heard the coyotes the last few nights...but I'm not complaining.


No coyotes but I do believe spirits of the plains were with us. 



Greenhouse update

We still have stuff growing. We will pull up any radishes left over and plant lettuce. The collards are loving the weather.


Carrots and tomatoes need to come out. 


Yep, picked MORE spaghetti squash. 


Glad there is some spinach still producing. 


Nasturtiums for salad and drying.


I will use the corn stalks for decoration or the goats. They love them. 


If the animals new fur coats mean anything then Winter IS Coming. 


Brought out some snackages for the animals. They came running.


God forbid we leave the horse out!



Bees are still active and I will get one more lavender cutting tomorrow.


Salsa making today. 
It turned out ...FABULOUS!






We brought in the sunflowers to dry. We will use for the birds this winter. 


A friend gave me strawberries and raspberries from her garden. We grow them we just don't eat them, she said. What?? Yes, I will, with much gratitude, take them off your hands! So today I made jam, combining them both. 





Turned out sooooooo good. (And yes, mom, if you are reading this... I forgot the pat of butter to reduce the foam. But it is scrumptious! )



I did manage a nap. I am one of those people who takes a 15 minute nap that felt like hours and feel great. 
Dinner came together in minutes. Veggies from garden as stir-fry with chicken over spaghetti squash instead of rice.
I will have this quilted tonight.  Determined!


peace, health, and happiness.




No comments:

Post a Comment