Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Animal update plus craft/sewing time

Our goat, Skippy has been sold. He is an awesome goat. We wanted to make sure, even though we were selling him, that he went to a good home. Well, I am sure he is thinking he has died and gone to heaven.  A mom and daughter team purchased him for their herd of  Alpines and LaMancha does.


Good luck in your new life my gentle friend. 


Remember our milk goats we traded for a pig?  The pig has gone to market.  We went to the butcher to select our cuts and our freeze will be full in a couple of week when it has cured.


This morning I put one of our chickens in the crock-pot.  A very simple recipe of a packet of onion soup, a 16 oz jar of apricot jam and a cup of French dressing.  I washed the chicken up real good. Then popped it in the pot with the sauce poured over it for 8hours. 

Then time to sew. I made some cloth pumpkins with scraps of Halloween fabric.




I used small spools for the stem add vines and a crow. 



The pumpkin in the back is from last year. Just glittered up a dollar store pumpkin and added an owl with some extra bling. The ceramic pumpkin is also from the dollar store and my daughter-in-law colored it with permanent markers.


Sewed the background of a baby quilt. I hope to trace the appliques for it at dinner at work tonight.



This is last year's wreath of crows.


Pumpkin wreath. I just used the log cabin pattern using purple and autumn fabrics.


Hope you all have a great day. 
peace,health and happiness






No comments:

Post a Comment