Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Applesauce and thank you gift...

Worked early yesterday.  But with Dude's help I did get some canning done.  He got the morning chores done while I tackled the laundry.  We both headed to work early in the day.  He got home a few hours before me to , again, put the animals to bed.  I called and asked if he would set up the apple peeler so I could come home pop dinner in the oven and can up my apples.

Dinner was ravioli bake ... another super easy one. You can go red or white here.

For both set the oven at 350* and spray a baking pan .

Red - Traditional spaghetti sauce, ravioli, and cheese.  Take your pan put a little sauce in the bottom, then frozen ravioli, cheese ( mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan ) then repeat.  Cover in foil bake for 45 minutes then take off the foil and bake 15 minutes more.


While this was baking the apples were being peeled. 



White sauce ravioli : This one comes from my sister. Same idea of layering but instead of spaghetti sauce use Alfredo sauce, plus add a layer of spinach, mushrooms and top with bacon or as she says....baaaaaaaacon!

While we ate the apples ( 9-10 granny smith peeled and sliced - soaked in lemon water) simmered in a cup of water on the stove.  Because these were so thin it only took 20-30 minute to soften and mashed with a potato masher.  Add half of bag of cinnamon hot candies and 1/4 cup of sugar(I think, I just poured a bit until I liked the taste). Cook down and mash.  While it is cooking I was boiling my jars and getting them ready. 






Used a water bath for 25minutes. 



Yes, three jars but when I have bags to be eaten I would rather cook them up for later and not waste them. Plus, I think this very fun!

My team at work surprised me with a few Boss's Day gifts.  I am thanking them with these instead of notes for the season. Besides, notes would have taken too long. I love getting craft boxes in the mail I can re-purpose. This one is from Paper Pumpkin.




peace, health and happiness. 




No comments:

Post a Comment