Sunday, February 7, 2016

Superbowl Sunday Prep in the Garden

Sorry I have been away for a week. I was snowed in in Denver and then got a cold.  Dude thinks I got it from kissing the chicks.... grin.

Super Bowl Sunday !  For us , Super Bowl Sunday starts in the garden. Yes, we will have the regular decadent food but we also need to balance with some healthy stuff.

We are picking salad mixes, spinach and radishes first.




 Then stopped by to say hello and pick up some chicks....maybe a kiss or two. 


Next up ....carrots.  Some for eating today and some for canning and drying.
They are sleeping under this bed of snow and straw.


My favorite shovel my sons gave me ...splinter free!


Plenty of straw to keep them warm.

Move over straw.

We found plenty of sleeping worms.

And then the gold !!



Time to get this day going. Last Sunday before Lent begins.  Crafting , sewing and canning is planned . Hope to blog the results for tomorrow.
~Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment