Thursday, February 25, 2016

Making fabric detergent and baby goat lessons

Well, I have run out of fabric soap.  I stopped today to make some.   I LOVE this stuff and this coming from a hard-core Tide user.  The house smelled wonderful as I made it.  My friend, Sunny, another farmgirl taught me how to make it and here is her recipe. I love that it is in her handwriting.

I got a workout grating the laundry bar!




Keep an eye on this when it is on the stove. This stuff can have a life of it's own and boil over if you're not careful!
Half-way there. Need to fill the rest of the 5 gallon bucket with hot water and let stand over night. Tomorrow I will add some lavender oil and bottle up.  Man, the house smells wonderful !


Goats - one of the baby goats saw the ice on the water trough and tried to jump on top of it. Good thing we were out there. We rescued the little guy and took him inside to warm up with the hair dryer. He loved that.







No comments:

Post a Comment