Friday, February 19, 2016

Spring-like weather

We have been experiencing spring-like weather and even got to a new high yesterday of 72*!  But we live in Colorado and know that this is only temporary.  Our snowiest month - March- is yet to come.

Today I took advantage of the warm weather and took the goats for a "Goat Prayer Walk".  It is time to walk out in nature, pray and be with the goats. It starts with grabbing a rosary.  We have them hanging at the backdoor. Even if you don't know the rosary, you can grab one , pray and meditate on the beads. Before you know it you are lost in prayer and beauty of the day.



The snow finally melted yesterday but the goats, used to hanging out at the barn, were very slow at getting up. Skippy ran right out to be with me.

Since it was our first walk since last fall the boys got a little frisky and kept running up and ramming in front of me.  I got knocked around a bit but we have to start all over in walking etiquette. They were just so happy and excited. We will give them a pass the first couple of walks.

Before heading in I checked on the new chicks. They are doing well.  Plus I got some spinach, lettuce and radishes for a dinner salad.


As you can see I had cut some lettuce at the beginning of the week.

We wash lettuce and wrap it in paper towel to keep them fresh and crisp.




We added carrots we had also picked at the beginning of the week.



I used to think you had to slather a salad in blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing but every time I go to my mom's house she always serves a wonderful simple salad .

She serves individual salads in wooden bowls that she has rubbed with garlic.  Then dresses the salad with a simple vinaigrette of oil, vinegar, lemon, garlic, pinch of sugar and salt and pepper. It's what I made for dinner tonight. 

 While I was busy in the greenhouse, Dude went to check on the bees.  We are those silly fun people that think bees are adorable.  When he brought the camera in to download the pictures we ohhhh'd and awww'd like proud grandparents.  As you can see, they are healthy and ready for spring to be here.





Time to pin a back for a quilt and get ready to head to the city for work. ...boo. BUT...TGIF!








No comments:

Post a Comment