Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Idea for leftover quilt pieces and Lent begins

A long time ago I made this lap quilt.  Simple and pretty. Just squares put together and quilted.  I put it next to my bed so that when I am not feeling well , I can look at it and see all the flowers and begin to think of my gardens. I know it shouldn't have been hung that way but it was just for me...and , apparently for the cats who like to run up it for some unknown reason!
Anywhooo.... I always have leftover pieces. The fabric was so pretty I didn't want to toss them. When I found an old window frame I had brought from my old house built in the early 1900's I knew exactly what to do.



This is hung in my kitchen.


Faith - We begin Lent today. Forty days of almsgiving, prayer, fasting and repentance.  I had to think long and hard of how I would participate this year. I work evenings and was sad I could not be participating in many things at church such as Stations of the Cross.  I decided to carve  out 30mins of spiritual reading or prayer each day.  I love to read but mostly nonfiction and farm books.

I also signed up for a Women's Lenten Luncheon. People think I am an extreme extrovert because I don't mind speaking in front of people but put me one on one with folks and I am terrified. So, breaking out of my comfort zone and signed up.

We will continue to not eat meat on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and no fast food at all.  We continue with our kindness of the day and helping the homeless wherever I can. I will never stop that.

Here's to a happy Lent!


No comments:

Post a Comment