Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day - Does getting ready to kid

We woke up to a dusting of snow on the cars. It had been a windy night and I had to go pick up some of the plywood that had blown over.  Dude made his way out to the goats while I went toward the chickens.  Afterwards I checked on our does, Running Water and Pepper.  Looks like Pepper will be delivering first. She is the one with the blue collar. One of the ways you can tell she is days away is she is a bit nervous to be around, there appears to have a hollow in the flank on either side of her tail and a mucous discharge begins to show.  She has all of these signs.

I went to make sure I had the delivery basket ready to go when I found this. Lou figured it was his new bed.  Oh Lou.


 We rarely buy anything new but we knew we needed  another frig if we were going to be milking goats.  We were planning on buying a second hand one to put outside. Then we found out someone was selling their oldish refrigerator which was newer than ours so we got that.  It was a great buy at $300. Our old one will now be the milk frig.



I heard a loud noise while making dinner and went outside to see massive amounts of geese flying by. I love watching geese.




It is snowing in the mountains but thank goodness we just have dark clouds out here on the plains.

Faith - The gospel today was of the Temptation of Jesus in the Desert.  Man does not live by bread alone... It is the notion that God will always provide and we must have faith.  Today we look at all the power hungry people and the craziness that surrounds us. Selfishness, always striving to have more when the point is God is the Way.  We need to be free to give of ourselves, with out judgement of others, to pray and fast and have faith...not always an easy thing to do. 
When listening in mass, it reminded me of when my mom and I would help with the daily lunch for the homeless.  Mom would meet me there and I would run over on my lunch to help. We usually made a big batch of Whatever Soup. We opened large cans and mixed whatever we had into a big soup pot.  One week we had hardly anything on the shelves and began to panic. When we told the Sisters, they told us not to worry that God always provided.  As the clock got closer to the time the door were to open I looked at mom and she smiled and just shrugged.  Right then there was a knock at the back door. Just as the Sisters predicted the restaurant Wolfgang Puck showed up with a bunch of gourmet sandwiches, more than we needed. I learned to have faith and believe that God will be there for us in the end.

Happy Valentine's Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment