Sunday, January 31, 2016

Faith, crafting and dinner

A recent visit to the doctors ...three days in a row, caused me to look at my authentic self. I say I live a natural life , out here on the farm but when I took a deeper  look I found I was fooling myself. Yes, I do lead a dual life working in the city with an hour commute one way but I thought I was living the clean life out on the plains but I wasn't.  Every day on the way to work I was stopping at McDonalds.  I get to work and have a Pepsi. Exercise was the few minutes I could squeeze in on the treadmill and I left most of the farm work to Dude. When I started this blog I said I would incorporate my spiritual life...from the looks of this blog, it is nonexistent.  So, I decided today I was starting over. We are given a brand new day every 24hours to make the most out of our lives.

Over on Blessed is She Blog  I read , Easier to trip constantly on the torn hem of my soul than stop to stitch it back up. Easier to let my skin prickle with the cold that enters through the rips and tears of my heart than to patch them up with new mercies.  Wow. That is so me. God is challenging me every day. People are place right in front of me to help me through my goals yet I resist and trip.

This morning instead of "letting" Dude do all the work outside. I shoveled all the paths. I love shoveling. Plus, being menopausal, the cold morning was nothing for me. *wink*. The pay off? Dude finished with morning chores with the animals early and HE made breakfast. The pay-off tumbled even more and I was able to write a blog and get ready for mass.

Mass ~ The gospel and the sermon resounded to strive eagerly for the greatest of the spiritual gifts. Theological gifts.  Incline ourselves to Faith, Hope, and Love.

So faith, hope, love remain, these three;
but the greatest of these is love.


See things with Faith. Wonder and pray for what God is asking of us. Nothing happens by chance. Nothing.
Hope ~ often people think nothing will change and everything is just passing us by. Take time to see how God is working through us. Be open to change and go outside our selfishness, give of our time, convert to a better and higher way of life...and through this is....
Love~ continually strive for the love of God in our lives. He gives us faith and hope so our lives will make sense.

Live in the light.     Do the plan of God.  Encourage the love of God. 

The rest of the day~ I went Old School on dinner.  I wanted to have leftovers for a few other meals.  It turned out perfect. Pork Roast with veggies.


I melted lard in a cast iron Dutch oven. Took a package of Lipton Onion Soup mix and rubbed it on both sides of the Pork Roast . Browned the roast on all sides. Then add the veggies - onions, potatoes and carrots from the garden. Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.  Then place on the bottom rack of a 350* oven and bake for one hour or until it reaches 170*.

 Made a oatmeal cookie bar with chocolate chips and salted caramel chips.  Basically is oatmeal chocolate chip cookies made into a bar.



Had to get some birthday cards made for this week and started Valentines Day cards. I got out scraps, anything I could find and set to work.









It was nice to shut off all the noise of the day.  Time to eat, reading  and evening prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment