Sunday, January 31, 2016

Snow Sunday

Snowed again last night but the big snow is due tonight and tomorrow. My job this morning was to make paths in the snow. We do this every time it snows so it doesn't build up or collect into ice. There are also added benefits - getting out in the fresh air,  exercising -I don't need a gym membership, and an ample supple of vitamin D.  I remember asking my mom, who is in her 80's, why she has never had low vitamin D.  She said because she makes a conscious effort to get outside every day. The quiet after a snow is extremely calming. The Canadian geese were flying over.  The cows across the road were calling out and the goats were screaming for us to get over there and pet them.  Our goats hate snow or water. The noise is more natural than man-made.





During the snow yesterday I came up with a list of what I want to can/freeze/dry  this year so I know what I need to grow.  Salsa, pickles, relish, pesto, spaghetti sauce, jams, chilies, sauerkraut...it's a start.
Today is a crafting day... Valentine Cards, Birthday Cards, Sewing.
Dinner - pork roast, potatoes, carrots, and cabbage wedges with hollandaise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment