Friday, January 1, 2016

Crafts

Each week I get my fix of crafting in some way or the other. This week, when meeting up with other farm girls, I taught some younger friends how to make pompoms.  We made lots. They piled up and we got very excited with each new ones me made. I loved that they experimented with different yarns that Sunny, one of the farm girls, donated to their cause...making pompoms.  Friend, Frankie tied them in the girls hair and we had a blast all morning.

Yesterday we gathered some of the pompoms and made our January wreath. There is snow everywhere and has been for at least two, maybe, three weeks.  Our theme during our crafting was obviously snow. My friend Alley graciously lent me her kids for the afternoon. We made snowflakes, lots of them, sock snowmen and wreaths.  The music from Frozen was playing in the background and we all sang loudly to the part we knew.

The wreaths were easy.  The forms were from the Dollar Store. We covered them with left over cotton batting from quilts made last year. It was cut into about 3 inch strips covering the wreath and hot gluing along the way. The pompoms we made during the week, ribbon from Christmas leftovers, and ornaments...and of course, glitter. The kids got very creative.

We ended the day watching a movie and sipping on root beer floats.  










All in all a very fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment