Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Wednesday already? And lesson learned

It is only 3 pm and I am exhausted. I am used to working 10-12hours with the commute but I am always sitting.  It is my turn to give back while Dude is recuperating. 

I was late getting chores done. Rule one at the homestead is feed animals first... I had to get full caffeine tea and breakfast before I went out.  I got all the morning chores done and watered not only the gardens but filled all the water containers for the animals. The last one to fill is the horse trough. I found out the hard way... make sure you remove the hoses!  I came out around 1pm and found the trough completely empty. What the heck?  Well, if you keep the hose in, despite unhooking it from the primary hose, it will syphon all the water out!  At least I learned. 

I came in to finish the laundry, clean the spare bathroom and do the final check on the spare bedroom. My sister and husband were coming to help.  I am afraid of horses but I did soldier on …. smile... my sister loves horse and rides them.  It will be great to have company . Plus, Dude can be very stubborn and we need to make sure he rests. 

Picked parsley .


Have cuttings from plants to plant... roses, black raspberries, basil, and coleus. 


Drying parsley.


Picked some goodies. 


Washed eggs. 


Refilled Dude's ice pack.


I had a chicken thaw, soaked in salt water and time to put in the oven when family arrived. 


My sister was doing chicken jokes. 



Anywhoooo, it is cleaned, oiled and rubbed in herbs, salt and pepper. It will be cooking in the oven for a couple hours... Me? 

I am going to take a nap and it's only 330pm!

Until tomorrow... peace

No comments:

Post a Comment