Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Animals, garden update and a few crafts

The morning began a bit dark and dreary.  Our storms usually happen in the afternoon but we had unusual weather today with a morning storm and small tornado touching down just east of us. It didn't stay long and no one was hurt, thank goodness. 

Spent some time with the birds this morning. The turkeys are growing.


Our visiting / resident wandering turkey is looking good. She gives us eggs daily so we can't complain of her mooching. 


Someone needs to be brushed! Such a dirty face. 


Molly is tattling on Prudence who is behind her in with the chickens. 


Oh Prudence, no matter how small you are you are not a chicken. 




I went in the greenhouse... it was so muggy it steamed up my glasses and the camera lens. 


I needed this beauty for supper. 




Supper was all home grown... lamb, tomatoes and peppers grown here. 


Spinach salad and soft corn tacos. 


Then it was craft time. I was going to spend the early evening with my grandson so I knew he would want to create something. I found an old board in the scrap pile.


Spray painted it. 


And drew a quick shark on it. I packed up my Mary Poppins style back with all my supplies and took to the road to make the hour trek to town.


We got right to it, crafting that is. Painting was first.


The X on the shark, he explained , is an ouwie .  



He wanted to take a picture. He said the shark is green due to algae in the ocean and sometimes it turns red. This is another of his photos he took standing on the chair. 


Next craft … shark bombs. 


We cut sponges in strips. 


And banded them with hair ties. 



Then outside to play with our new crafts. 


The target is set up. 


We got a bowl of water and put our bombs in the bowl. 


Then... shark attack!


We had a grand time and every so often ran around the yard.. the shark aka dog...was chasing us. 


Last craft was a card... kind of an end of summer card. I cut these out last night and this morning - have an old Cricut machine.  Today I put them together. 



It is great to know we had a grand time without television, computers or video games. 

peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment