Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Garden update, a little crafting for Shark Week, and what's for dinner

The garden is trying to make a go of it despite all the hail we have had. The herb garden looks great. 

Parsley


Sage 


Basil … Callie wanted in the picture. 


Mint


Borage


Zucchini 


Butternut squash...hope we have enough time . 


Cucumbers were battered during all the storms but this one is hanging on. 


For some unknown reason the dog has taken up gardening... errrr. 


More borage... this stuff spreads like wildfire. 


Eggplant and beets. 


Carrots, Celery and Lettuce.  Beans and lettuce behind it plus a whole box of cabbage. 



Tomatoes, Dude is trying a new way to grow them... vertical. 


We got the dear head back up and secure. Hopefully, I will get another cut out this weekend.


It Shark Week.  Over the weekend I made , for my grandsons, shark cup cozies. 



Today, I made another shark craft.  Shirts were on sale 3 for $9.  I got out some scraps, some Heat n Bond and make shark shirts. 




Apparently his teeth have seen better days but it's fun and cute. 


Dinner was to be kabobs, sweet potatoes, and broccoli with cauliflower.  I marinated tomatoes and a pepper from the garden along with an onion in Italian dressing. 


Dude said not to make kabobs and just stir-fry it up … great, less work for me. I added some protein.


The sweet potato was topped with butter and smoked gouda cheese... oh my gosh! Dude loved the dinner. I kept hearing him say... ymmm ymmm ymmm.  (don't tell him that wasn't beef but turkey kielbasa - hahaha) 


Time to sign off to listen to Yo-Yo Ma on the radio and play scrabble with Dude. 

peace


No comments:

Post a Comment