Saturday, August 4, 2018

Sewing Bee and What is Dude up To?

When you start a day meeting a new friend such as this you know the day will be magical.



It is Sewing Bee Day. It is one of my favorite days of the month. I gathered my projects and machine and put them in my car to get ready for the hour trek to the city to sew with friends. 


Parsley and eggs were put together from the homestead to make egg salad. I was going to make devil eggs but being very fresh eggs they didn't peel beautifully. 


But it turned out beautiful as egg salad. 


A friend of mine gave me a bunch of apples that I had to get out of the car. Can't wait to get to them.


I picked up my mom and headed to my friends house.  

Her family's living room is decorated with her deer heads she made!


Sewing bees have great food! Everyone brings something to share. 



My mom looked as young as ever. 


Susan showed us around her new home.  Yes, she decorated a skeleton … with fabric and fun.  See how happy she is?


Her sewing room is decorated with pillows she made and repurposed a wonderful chest. 


And fun wall hangings she made.


It was time to eat... eat before sewing and breaking out the machines. 


Everything was wonderful!! 


Then it was time to create!

Susan worked on making wool "stones" .


Mom was embroidering baby clothes to donate. 


I was going to finish a tree skirt but forgot to bring batting.  ugh.




Daisy finished a gorgeous quilt. 


Nathaniel  and Dawn joined us. Nathaniel was sewing a tube cover for his grandfather's oxygen so the cat doesn't get to it. We love having him with us. 


Dawn made this amazing Hawaiian quilt that had been started by her own mother years ago. It is stunning. 


Shelly worked on a broomstick afghan. 


Despite any challenges the machine gave Nathaniel he soldiered on. 



Daisy finished up her quilt.  


Susan helped Nathaniel along. 


Mary was cross stitching. 


Dawn was piecing a an impressive hexie quilt. 





I made another chef hat for my smallest grandson.  His father was born in Hawaii so I made it from an aloha print. 



And delivered on the way home. 

It was a fun day but , as always, good to be home. 

Dude worked on finishing the bird house. He wants it to look like the house.  He is using beetle kill wood for the siding and stained it.  Today he was staining more to finish up the building in the next couple of days. 

Here is the progress from when he first started a while back.





Can't wait to see it finished. 

peace



No comments:

Post a Comment