Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Tuesday Morning on the Homestead

Dude comes home from the hospital today. He got a new shoulder, literally.  Family is coming to help on the homestead today. For now, the chores and home are up to me. Luckily, the animals were in the fields when I got home last night and I was able to quietly put hay in their troughs without being noticed.  The animals were waiting for me this morning.  They weren't too happy that I wasn't Dude. There were grumblings and foot stompings. 



Libby took her feed but was a bit perturbed it wasn't Dude to talk to her and brush her. She needs brushing. She has been rolling in dirt and mud. Tomorrow.



Next, I was over to the birdhouse.




They get fed and water.



Plus I throw crack corn out for everyone.


Then to the greenhouse.  I needed goodies for the day. 



 I checked on the mums I planted yesterday. They were near gone when I planted them. The dog had found them in their pots while I was away and flung them about the yard.  Now they are planted, safe and sound. The perked right up over night. 


All turkeys are accounted for.  I have been feeding the turkeys and guineas separate since the guineas took their job seriously as security of the homestead and killed 2 turkeys and a chicken.


Prudence was adorable as usual this morning when I went back to double check on the animals. 


Libby was still not speaking to me since I wasn't Dude.


Molly came up to say Hallo... she loves to speak with an English accent.


Spinach for breakfast and beets for lunch.


Chores went well until I heard a little meow coming from the train container... I had accidently locked a cat in the container. Thank goodness it is a cool morning. 

I found a couple of feathers to add to my collection. 




Breakfast



I sat out on the porch with the dog eating and writing in my journal. It was only in the 50's and not to get to hot in the 70's* ...must better than the hot 90's of yesterday.


Lunch is in the oven. Roasted veggies with balsamic and olive oil . Later I will top it with goat cheese. 



I am listening to the book The Last cowboys, A pioneer family in the new west by John Branch.

Dude called this morning and wanted a poncho made so he could wear it home instead of a shirt. I love that I am able to do this. 

I need to get working. 

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment