Thursday, February 23, 2017

Thursday 2/23/2017

Our state is known for snow and lots of it but we have gone thirty plus days without snow until this morning. I was glad to see it. It wasn't a big storm but it was sure cold and icy - we need the moisture. The goats and lamb never ventured out today. 




Last night I spent the evening practicing the pedals and feel of my spinning wheel while carding fleece. You have to get a certain rhythm so the wheel will spin evenly and one way. 


Carding wool by hand.

The large mass in the back is before carding and after washing. It is variegated and multi- colored.

The four small ones on the bottom left are hand carded and the two rolls were on the carding drum. 


Today I finally finished one of the bee quilts.  I began it last year when I was convalescing from surgery. I made one big one and then decided to cut it in half to make two. Today I finished the first one.  Here is the view from my sewing room. 



Time to remove the pins.


While I sewed Dude worked in the greenhouse. While it was windy and unbearably cold outside, the greenhouse was not too bad



Almost all the raised beds are planted. 



Back to sewing ...

I love it when people give me sewing items from fabric to thread that relatives had and have gone to nursing homes or passed on - think they would want it to be used and not thrown away. I was sewing the binding on the quilt today and looking for brown thread and found this.  I kinda feel like whoever gave this to me their relative's spirit lives on...plus when was thread only 45 cents?


I did begin another quilt.  I am thinking of making the arrows quilt with the white and pink arrows. 


Later I went to card making with the girls nearby.  Sherri is our teacher and very good at what she does plus it is time for us to get together and catch up with each other's lives (plus, I was out of cards). 







Someone asked me about the non-edible vinegar.  This is what it looks like and we use it to clear and clean pipes. We get it and the hardware store. 


Tomorrow our plans for the remodeling goes to the county for a building permit. 

And we ended the day the way we began it... with a fire to warm us. 

peace








No comments:

Post a Comment