Monday, February 6, 2017

Fruit leathers

I thought I would give fruit leathers in the dehydrator. It's a great way to use of fruit and save for later or pop in your lunch.   I mixed up some cranberries, strawberries, a teaspoon of honey and lemon juice and gave it whirl. 


I found some tray liners in a box of fabric someone gave me... yep, in with fabric, go figure. 



I put them on the trays and poured some of the fruit onto the tray. 


I used a spatula to spread it out evenly. 

I thought it was thick enough but I found it has to be about a fourth of an inch thick.  They went in the dehydrator for about 5 hours at 135*.


How did it turn out? The outsides dry first and the middle was last to turn leathery. It was too thin but it did roll up, it did dry. I will give it another try tomorrow.  For the first try... not too bad. 


peace

No comments:

Post a Comment