Thursday, February 2, 2017

Cold day, crafts, crocheting and other stuff

Last night a freezing fog came in.  Luckily I had off work today.   Even at 2pm there is still a layer of ice over everything... or  as Dude says... "it's slicker than snot outside."  So we stayed inside.




Dude worked on plans for the house and a budget we could live with so he can work on the house and me go to work.  I am extremely lucky to be married to someone who grew up a farmer's son, a brother of a cattle-woman, and the last 30yrs is a master carpenter.  Do I wish I didn't have to work... heck yes, but we want the dream, we have to make sacrifices.

So, I settled in today watching Groundhog's Day and  got some projects done.

Mermaid Sack. Okay, it's not perfect and my first big project but it's okay and ... finished! I decided to branch out. I have been making blankets... with the same stitch most of my life.  I began crocheting in the fourth grade in North Carolina.  My mom dropped us off at a yarn shop each week one summer and I my sister and I learned from a 90 year old woman.  We sat in over stuffed chairs surrounded by yarn.  I don't think the old woman was keen on such young students. She told my sister and I to watch and learn, she wasn't going to repeat herself.  Because she was so fast I crochet just a wee bit different than most, using my first finger to constantly roll the yarn over the hook but hey, it works. This year I wanted to learn more and new stitches.  This is my third project.  Yes, the tail is slightly lopsided but I am proud that I finished and didn't stop.  It is being donated to a good cause.


Day 1 and 2 of 14 days to Valentines Day.

Remember the Christmas balls we made? I made a Kissing Ball for Valentines Day.  Hmmm where should I hang it?  I want to be sure it gets used - wink.


Next a cute wall art.  Nice and simple.





My grandson's birthday is this weekend.  Made him a sign for his party and here are few books for him to enjoy.






I had to go looking for Dude.  He was busy out in the icy cold.  (this is at 430pm - still frosty and icy) 




Have a great night. 

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment