Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Greenhouse update

I have always said this blog is about my learning homesteading and farming and being honest.  Time is one of our biggest enemies and it sure robbed us of working in the greenhouse this last year.

We didn't use our greenhouse at all during the fall and winter.  Dude had gotten hurt and we refocused our efforts to making sure we had enough wood for the winter.  As the snow started falling we began to use it as a storage unit.  Definitely not what I had in mind. So today it was time to get in there and get to work for what it was really meant for... growing food and flowers.

 On the way out Felonious came running over for a few kisses.


Wilbur decide to hang back today.

On the outside you can see during the winter we dump out stove ash here and there and will rototill in soon. 


Well, heading out there today here is what I found... A mess.   My goal in the next two weeks is to restore it to it's full glory and what we had in mind when we bought it.  We will take you with us to show you how we are progressing. Remember there are only two of us, I work outside the home and we don't employ help. ... we have tried to barter help for goods but most folks these days just don't want to do the labor.  To us it is fun and it feels great to get out in the sun and fresh air.  I was lucky last year to have a family of kids come help me plant tomatoes (plus, they were tons of fun to work with).

Soooooo, here we go. Let's get this greenhouse cleaned up and see how we come out in the spring.



I will keep you updated.

Here is a recap of our Days of Valentines:










That's it for tonight. It's an early day in the city so need to turn in. 
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment