Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Zucchini! and more stuff

I had two large zucchinis from the garden.  I used part of one for zucchini bread and the rest I shredded and put in freezer bags. I bagged them in quart bags measuring out one cup for each bag. 





I ended up with ten bags! These are great through the winter for muffins, bread, soups, and casseroles.


Tonight's dinner … from the garden, lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber. The cucumbers this year are very sweet. In years past the skins made the cucumbers very bitter. 



We still have a lot of roast chicken (one we raised) left even after eating it again tonight. 


Dinner potato salad, garden salad and barbeque chicken. 


I went to move a book shelf we had in the dining room.  The dang thing fell apart! The backing was simply cardboard!  I was shocked. I will go out in the wood pile and fix it right tomorrow. 
As you can see from my list it only says 1/2 done. I got the books out but couldn't move it.

Ugh...


Everything is getting in place.  Next we will need to paint the walls. 


I am following the Ultimate Beginner Quilt-a-long. I am not a beginner but it is fun to follow along. They are only on block three. I am using up my scraps for this one.  If you want to follow along too .   HERE  They only do one block a week, very doable. 


I hope to get some of my Sew Scary Quilt worked on this week. I want them up next month for Halloween. 

This is a different quilt I am working on. It is all cut out, I just need to sew it up tonight. 


peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment