Sunday, August 25, 2019

Sunday garden and update on the floor - almost finished

This weekend I have been helping my brother go through the final stuff at my mom's house. It is all the little things... boxes of pictures, paper and all kinds of stuff.  She is in an apartment now and a senior community.  It is sure heck going through her life of stuff. I think one more weekend and we will be finished!

This is part of the garden at her house.  She was great at gardening.


I did manage to work a bit in my garden today.  My gardening is not the nice neat rows Dude makes but rather a jumbled mess. It's okay though because it still produces incredible edibles!   Everything has begun to take off.  Here are my cucumbers.  Looks like I will be making pickles this week!.



After I saw this little one laying down on the job I decide to put up another tomato cage for the excess to be draped over. 


Scallions are still going strong. My radishes and swiss chard are coming up. 


There is pushing and shoving going on in the rows of carrots so I thinned them out. 


My mustard greens are still producing and probably will through the fall. 


Getting low on onions. I know this is not the correct way to grow them but every time their heads begin to pop through I just cover them with more dirt.  I am not ready for more onions and this works great for me. 


Pumpkins and cantaloupe doing well. 


Tiny strawberries from the newest plants. 


And I found this tubby guy hiding under a leaf.  I will be busy this week baking zucchini bread. 


Tomatoes! 


Lots of tomatoes.



The teenage hens are healthy. They don't really understand when I throw scraps out to them. They don't eat them and basically just get scared when I am around. Silly birds. 



Dude got a big chunk of the floor done. He only has a tiny bit in the living room to complete. 


peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment